Aug 2, 2015

Fresh Start

The first of many post discussing musing about the photography and design industry and life at large. Hopefully this will also help me organize and structure my thoughts in a more coherent manner, which in turn will help me create more!
 ferris wheel
So this year has been great. I have had the pleasure of working on a large range of creative projects, each one challenging in its own way. This blog is all about helping the designer/photographer community at large, it's also going to help me keep track of the many tricks and techniques that I use in my daily work (Sometimes i forget what techniques I used for poster. It happens!). You can expect to see some awesome tutorials on Cinema 4D, Photoshop, Illustrator, Light room, and lighting diagrams. So subscribe to the feed or follow on Facebook (whichever works best for you).
enjoying a day out
You might be wondering what any of the images on the page have to do with anything I just spoke about, it will all makes sense. You see I have always used a prodigious amount of stock material in my work, at $15 a pop that stuff starts getting expensive! From textures to elements for posters or just placeholder images in a mock up, we as designers consume a massive amount of it. Now let me tell you a secret, I havent had to buy a single piece of stock this year I derive anything I need from my massive collection of imagery. These images have another use I sell them as stock material, just be sure to read the contracts carefully and Negotiate if your going to do something like that, so you retain the ability to use them in your business.

For my next post I am going to be showing you guys how to create amazing looking custom shirts from your own designs, taking you through the process from drawing to finished art.
Cheers!